We have a fantastic hard-working team at Ben Bowers Heating Solutions, comprising of our team of knowledgeable engineers and also our office/showroom staff.
Our employees are provided with regular training and assessments to ensure they hold up to date qualifications.
Temporary Administration Assistant to cover Maternity Leave (up to 12 months)
A part-time Administration Assistant is required to cover Maternity Leave to provide support to this small but busy plumbing and heating company. The role is based at the company head office.
Location: BB Heating Solutions, Wimber Hill, Dingle Lane, Hillend, Twyning, GL20 6DW
Salary: Meets minimum wage (negotiable depending on experience)
Hours: 21 hours over 3 days (these are to be agreed upon successful application) working 9.30am to 4.30pm, plus 1 Saturday per month 8.30am to 12.00pm
The ideal candidate for the role will be an adaptable, reliable and enthusiastic individual who will need to have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and plan your own work, show initiative as well as being a good team player
- A pleasant, confident manner in dealing with customers and suppliers by telephone and face to face
- Knowledge and accurate use of a variety of software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and email
- A basic knowledge of stoves is desirable although not essential as training can be provided
General office duties include answering the telephone, responding to messages including emails, booking appointments, sending service reminders to customers, typing up quotes, updating the website and social media, and keeping track of staff holiday. You will also be confident to speak to visiting customers, record orders, take payments upon sales, ensure pricelists and brochures are up to date and keep the office clean and tidy.
This position suits a responsible self-starter as it will involve periods of working alone.
The role is to start mid-March to ensure a smooth handover with training from the current Administration Assistant.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a letter of application by 5pm 31st January to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the above location address. Interview date to be arranged.